Hardly anyone can imagine friendly camping without cooking. Camping is almost always accompanied by setting up a tent and making a fire. You can cook delicious fish soup, tea, and other healthy food on the fire. Nevertheless, nature does not always allow you to enjoy these pleasant moments, sometimes rain prevents it, or it takes a very long time to get to the forest so that you don’t have enough time for setting a fire.
Therefore, you can choose a wonderful stove for backpacking. Portable stoves, first, should be light enough and take up little space. Such options are usually placed in the trunk of a car or a hiking backpack and are assembled on the spot.
A device such as a camping stove can easily replace a fire. At the same time, it requires less fuel than when lighting an open fire. Such a device has many advantages. However, it is worth knowing how to clean camping stoves safely so that its service life is extended for many years and can delight people on the backpacking with hot food for a long period.
Guide to Cleaning Different Stoves
Before you start cleaning the equipment, it is worth disassembling stove burners by type and the most popular brands. Knowing the features of each model of various brands, you can choose a suitable stove for outdoor recreation and learn more about the features of caring for it.
Nowadays, one of the most popular camping stoves is the Coleman. They can be found in many stores. They differ in that they are large enough and have two cooking surfaces. Furthermore, they can be easily cleaned and repaired in case of malfunction.
Coleman Propane Stove
If you want to know how to clean a coleman stove, it’s essential to start with the basics. Everyone knows that in the off-season, it is worth paying attention to the equipment. It is worth checking and cleaning it regularly. Like most stoves, models of this brand can be washed with soap and water. The manufacturer also recommends using a dishwashing detergent.
To do a deeper cleaning, you can follow these tips:
- Cleaning when there are traces of sticky food on the inner surface. This happens when the food boils, and the fat remains on the surface. To clean the stove, you need to unscrew the screws on the ring and remove the manifold.
- The manifold must be immersed in a soapy solution. It is not recommended to use aggressive solutions as they can damage the coating. It would be best if you soaked for as long as it takes.
- The last step is preparing for storage. All equipment must be dry. Otherwise, rust may appear. After drying, it should be reassembled. Moreover, experts advise wrapping everything in a bag and seal it tightly. It prevents insects from getting inside.
The exceptional durability and quality also distinguish the stoves of this brand. Many users give them their preference. One of the advantages of the models is that they do not require careful maintenance. During cleaning, the main thing is not to use aggressive agents and chemicals. They can damage the fuel tank handle or other parts.
Taking care of the jetboil camping stoves is easy:
- It is necessary to wipe the inner surface with a rag.
- It would be best if you also used a solution of soap and vinegar (75/25).
- You can boil the parts in this solution for just a few minutes.
- When the grease has peeled off, you can clean the surface with dish sponges. Do not use hard sponges because they can ruin the surface.
When rust forms on the surface, it is also easy to get rid of. To do this, you need to take a dish sponge and baking soda. By washing the pot of baking soda and water, the rust will quickly go away. To prevent further rusting, it is worth keeping the fuel canister upside down inside the container.
Gas One GS-3000 Camping Stove
This model is popular among those who value the low cost of equipment and the fact that it weighs very little. This model belongs to the budget option, but it is one of the highest quality in its price category.
Boil and splash marks on such equipment can be cleaned with a soapy solution. Also, individual parts can be washed in the dishwasher. However, it would help if you were careful when purchasing relatively inexpensive models. Perhaps this is a stereotype, but practice shows that it lasts much longer when a buyer pays more for a high-quality camping stove.
Wood Camping Stove
Wooden models are exceptional in their way. The main characteristic is that they have no electrical elements and no fuel pipes. Because of this, it will be elementary to clean them. This is an excellent advantage as they can build up soot.
For cleaning, you can follow these recommendations:
- You need to disassemble the oven and soak it in soapy water for several hours.
- Next, you need to wipe the surface with a sponge. It can leave traces, but this is not critical.
- You can also choose the self-cleaning option. To do this, you need to place the stove on the upper grate. It is worth selecting the cleaning mode and wait two hours until the machine cleans itself of the ash.
How Do You Get Grease Off a Camp Stove?
Grease and plaque on appliances are two consequences of any outdoor recreation with food preparation. The cooker can become considerably messy, both with grease from food and with the dirt itself.
To prevent dirt from sticking on the stainless steel camp stoves, removing them after the hike is easy. It is worth wiping the surfaces after cooking. The exterior surface can be rubbed with a non-cold solution and soap. It is better to remove the inner grate and rinse it and the inside of the oven separately.
How Do You Clean a Coleman Stove Burner?
This brand is distinguished for not requiring unique cleaning agents or exceptional care. Everything is regular here; you have to take care of the surfaces and not use strong chemicals to remove grease.
It is worth following simple steps to clean a coleman 2 burner propane stove and not damage it. First, you need to unscrew the screws on the burner ring. The next step is to separate the manifold. All parts should be washed separately, using mild solutions with soap and soft rags that will not damage the surface. It is worth remembering that taking care of any stove model is a guarantee of its longevity.