For the purpose of data protection laws applicable from time to time to you in the location that you provide your information (“Applicable Law”), WildProofGear will be a ‘data controller’ (or such equivalent or replacement terminology as appropriate) for the information you provide through the Services. There may be other controllers as well (e.g., advertisers), and we encourage you to consult their privacy policies to learn more about their privacy practices.
1. INFORMATION WE COLLECT
We collect information in multiple ways, including when you provide information directly to us, and when we passively collect information from you, such as from your browser or device.
A. Information You Provide Directly to Us
We may collect information from you during your use of or access to the Services, such as when you:
• Register for an account;
• Fill in forms;
• Search for a product,
• Make a purchase or place an order;
• Enter a sweepstakes or contest or register for a promotion;
• Complete a survey or provide us with feedback;
• Subscribe to a service or request certain features (e.g., newsletters, updates, and other products);
• Use certain features that require your information to function (e.g., vendor price quotes or using our mobile apps to scan and search for products, find coupons, and promotions);
• Communicate with us by phone, e-mail or otherwise;
• Chat with any of our support agents on our chat forum;
• Report a problem with our website; or
• Post user-generated content, including comments, to or on any of our Services, including on discussion boards, community forums, blogs, or other social media functions on our website.
You do not have a statutory or contractual obligation to provide us with your information; however, if you do not provide us with your information, we may not be able to provide you with the Services you have requested or you may be limited in your use of our Services (e.g., if you do not provide us with your email address, we will not be able to send you newsletters).
B. Information that is Passively or Automatically Collected
1. Device/Usage Information
We may automatically collect certain information about the computer or devices (including mobile devices or tablets) you use to access the Services. As described further below, we may collect and analyze information such as (a) IP addresses, geolocation information, unique device identifiers, IMEI and TCP/IP address, and other information about your computer or device(s), browser types, browser language, operating system, mobile device carrier information, the state or country from which you accessed the Services; and (b) information related to the ways in which you interact with the Services, such as: referring and exit web pages and URLs, platform type, the number of clicks, domain names, landing pages, pages and content (such as advertisements) viewed and the order of those pages, statistical information about the use of the Services (such as barcodes scanned through certain of our mobile apps), the amount of time spent on particular pages, the date and time you used the Services, the frequency of your use of the Services, error logs, and other similar information. As described further below, we may use third-party analytics providers and technologies, including cookies and similar tools, to assist in collecting this information.
2. Location Information
We and our service providers may automatically collect location information, including general information (e.g., IP address, zip code) from your computer or mobile device. If you access the Services through a mobile device, we may also ask you to share your specific geo-location information with us. The Services use this location information to provide customized location-based services, content, promotional offers and other information that may be of interest to you. For example, if you use our ShopSavvy mobile application, with your permission, we collect geolocation information from your device that will allow us to present location-based alerts such as nearby retailers or coupons, or organize products searched or scans based on the closest applicable retailer. We may also use location information to improve the functionality of the Services and our other products services. We and our service providers may also collect other information based on your location and your device’s proximity to “beacons” and other similar indoor proximity systems, including, for example, the strength of the signal between the “beacon” and your device and the duration that your device is near the “beacon.” If you do not wish to have this location information collected and used by us and our service providers, you may disable the location features on your device. Please note that if you disable such features, you will not be able to access or receive some or all of the services, content, features and/or products made available via the Services. Also see the “Tailored Advertising” section below for more choices regarding the delivery of interest-based content and advertising.
3. Cookies and Other Electronic Technologies
We and our service providers may also collect data about your use of the Services through the use of Internet server logs, cookies and/or tracking pixels. A web server log is a file where website activity is stored to distinguish you from other users of our website. A cookie is a small text file that is placed on your computer when you visit a website, that enables us to: (i) recognize your computer; (ii) store your preferences and settings; (iii) understand the web pages of the Services you have visited; (iv), enhance your user experience by delivering content specific to your interests; (v) perform searches and analytics; and (vi) assist with security administrative functions. Some cookies are placed in your browser cache while those associated with Flash technologies are stored with your Adobe Flash Player files. Tracking pixels (sometimes referred to as web beacons or clear GIFs) are tiny electronic tags with a unique identifier embedded in websites, online ads and/or email, and that are designed to provide usage information like ad impressions or clicks, measure popularity of the Services and associated advertising, and to access user cookies. As we adopt additional technologies, we may also gather additional information through other methods. We also gather information and identify users through the fingerprinting methods described in Section 2(a) above.
We and our service providers use the following cookies:
Strictly necessary cookies. These are cookies that are required for the operation of our website. They include, for example, cookies that enable you to log into secure areas of our website, use a shopping cart or make use of e-billing services.
Analytical/performance cookies. They allow us to recognise and count the number of visitors and to see how visitors move around our website when they are using it. This helps us to improve the way our website works, for example, by ensuring that users are finding what they are looking for easily.
Functionality cookies. These are used to recognise you when you return to our website. This enables us to personalise our content for you, greet you by name and remember your preferences (for example, your choice of language or region).
Targeting cookies. These cookies record your visit to our website, the pages you have visited and the links you have followed. We will use this information to make our website and the advertising displayed on it more relevant to your interests. We may also share this information with third parties for this purpose.
Except for essential cookies, all cookies will expire after 13 months.
Please also see below the section entitled ‘Tailored Online and Mobile Advertising’ which contains further information on how cookies are used for advertising purposes by WildProofGear Team and by associated third parties.
C. Information Collected by and from Social Media and Other Content Platforms
When you “like” or “follow” us on Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, Twitter or other social media sites, we may collect some information from you including your name, e-mail address, and any comments or content you post relevant to us. We may also collect your information if you sign up for one of our promotions or submit information to us through social media sites.
D. Information from Affiliates and Non-Affiliate Third Parties.
In addition, our Services may include cookies and tracking mechanisms from social media platforms (e.g., Facebook) through which the social media platform may collect information about you, such as mobile advertising identifier, cookie data, and IP address, as well as non-personal information (e.g. screen size), for purposes that include targeting advertisements. Please see the “Tailored Online and Mobile Advertising” section below for more information.
We may also obtain information about you if you use any other websites that we operate or may operate from time to time or other services we provide. We may share information amongst members of our corporate group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries. We may also obtain information, such as demographic information, from our affiliates or from third parties, such as marketers, partners, researchers, sub-contractors in technical, payment and delivery services, advertising networks, analytics providers, search information providers, credit reference agencies and others.
2. HOW WE USE YOUR INFORMATION
We may use your information for the following purposes:
• For the purposes for which you provided it;
• To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us including the provision to you with information, products and services that you request from us, online content and dealing with your requests and enquiries;
• To process a transaction you initiate or to provide the features, services and products available through the Services;
• To send you information about your relationship or transactions with us, account alerts, or other communications, such as newsletters to which you have subscribed;
• With your consent, to send you SMS messages;
• To notify you about new features, changes and/or offerings of the Services, including, but not limited to, updates, discounts, events, shows news about our Services, products, and/or special offers;
• To contact you with information, surveys, or advertising that we believe may be of interest to you both regarding our products and Services and those of third parties;
• To administer sweepstakes and contests;
• To process and respond to your inquiries or to request your feedback;
• For internal research and reporting;
• To analyze and improve the content and features of the Services or develop new Services;
• To ensure that content from our website is presented in the most effective manner for you and on the device or browser from which you are accessing our Services;
• To personalize the content and advertising that you see on the Services or on other websites, including across difference devices and browsers (see “Personalized Content and Advertising” section below);
• To measure or understand the effectiveness of advertising we serve to you and others;
• To allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so;
• To enforce the legal terms that govern your use of the Services;
• To keep our website safe and secure;
• To use IP addresses to identify the location of users, to block disruptive use, to establish the number of visits from different countries and to determine the jurisdiction in which you are accessing the Services; and
• To administer and troubleshoot the Services.
Please note that we may combine information that we collect from you and about you (including automatically-collected information) with information we obtain about you from our affiliates and/or non-affiliated third parties, and use such combined information in accordance with this Policy.
We may aggregate and/or de-identify information collected through the Services. We may use de-identified and/or aggregated data for any purpose, including without limitation for research and marketing purposes, and may also share such data with any third parties, including advertisers, promotional partners, sponsors, event promoters, and/or others.
If you ever provide to us any information that classifies as ‘sensitive personal information’ (for example racial or ethnical origin, political opinions, religious beliefs, trade union membership, physical or mental health, sexual life, criminal proceedings and offences), we will only use this information to provide the Service you require in accordance with this Policy and we will ask for your explicit consent to such processing.